5 Reason You Need To Wash Your Face Before Bedtime
Are You Washing Your Face At Night?
Speaking from personal experience, can you guess the #1 reason you may be tempted going to bed without washing your face?
I certainly understand the discipline and effort it requires to perform your nighttime skin care routine, especially when you’re tired and feeling unmotivated.
However, I’m here tell you that if you want your skin to perform at its best, you really must do it.
Here are five reasons why you need to be washing your face and performing this routine every night:
1. Cleansing your skin at night will lessen the amount of oil on the skin, removing acne-causing bacteria, which will result in fewer blemishes. Did you know that touching your face all day long, without intentionally doing so, is making your face one of the dirtiest parts on your body? It’s a fact that bacteria thrives in oil so why give bacteria a chance to cause blemishes?
2. Oil, dirt and makeup removal gives your skin a clean palette for applying your evening performance products for maximum effectiveness.
Did you know that your skin repairs itself at night?
When you sleep, your skin is at rest allowing for potent ingredients like APT-200™, growth factors and peptides to absorb deeply in the skin to accelerate the metabolism of your cells. This function is essential if you want your skin to behave and look younger and clean skin certainly makes these ingredients perform at their best.
3. Clean skin doesn’t dirty up your pillowcases. If you don’t wash your face at night, you are transferring a day’s worth of oil from your hair and face, as well as makeup, onto your pillowcase. If you don’t change your pillowcase daily (which most people certainly don’t), then all of this keeps getting added onto your skin each and every night. Clean skin is healthy skin.
4. If you have children, you’re setting a good example. Teaching kids the importance of caring for their skin is such a great gift. The simple act of washing your face and applying moisturizer is a way of treating yourself well and with respect, which then can be passed on to your children. Actions speak louder than words.
5. Moisturizers evaporate when on the skin all day, so washing your skin and applying moisturizer at night ensures it will stay moist and hydrated. Skin care ingredients simply don’t last so giving your skin a new application of products at night is essential.
There you have it – five good reasons about washing your face before bedtime. It’s time to get serious about taking care of your skin at night.
Are you simply too tired to wash your skin at night? Perform your nighttime skin routine at 7:00 or 8:00. Earlier is better than never. See my recommendations for a gentle, sulfate-free cleanser.
Also sign up for my skin tip e-newsletter (which will give you the chance to win free samples), follow @AgelessWithMG on Twitter and Instagram and join the discussion on my Facebook page. You’ll be your own skin care expert in no time.
To Your Health and Beauty,
“Fabulous After 40”